Monday, September 26, 2011

14 weeks and couting!

Friday was our 14 week appointment with our OB/GYN! (Well, not ours because ours was out of town, but another in the office.) I absolutely love our office... they're honest, too the point and aren't afraid to print out extra ultrasound pix!

I didn't get a lot of my own stats, so I don't know if I actually gained any weight in the last month, but I assume if I had lost too much weight, I would have been admonished. The baby, however, is growing wonderfully! He/she is about the size of a fist this week - 3-4 inches long. The heartbeat was 157, which was down a little from last time.

Ben and I have been so amazed by how much has changed from Scarlett's pregnancy to this one. For example, our doctor's office now offers 4-D ultrasounds! Actually, they don't really offer it, they just do it. That wasn't an option for us when carrying Scarlett. The amount of detail that you can see on a 3-D or 4-D picture is fantastic! It allowed us to see that this little baby may in fact, be a boy! It's a little too early to tell for sure, but some of the pictures (like the one above) showed a little growth between the legs! At this point the penis and clitoris are about the same size, so it's definitely not a gimme, but I think that Ben is hoping for it!

I'm game for either a boy or a girl. However, once it seemed like the doctor and Ben both thought it was a boy, I realized that I secretly was hoping for a girl. Realist as I am, I just really wanted to be able to use all of the same baby gear and clothes! More pix to come!

1 comment: