Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Five months or nine months?



Since learning the sex of our child at the last visit, things seem to have been moving lightening quick. And yet - super slow. It's strange how that goes.


Most noticeably, I've ballooned. I'm about 23 weeks along, but look like I'm nine months big. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, I was no skinny minny to start with! I don't mind looking so big, but the problem is that I feel big. I feel huge and clumsy, like getting up from the couch is a major undertaking. I'm sure if I'm not waddling already, it's coming soon!



With Scarlett's pregnancy, I felt like I was made for it! After the first three months, I felt so good! I loved being pregnant - every single minute of it! This time around, it's not going as well. Besides being tent-like, I also ache; have heartburn and unceasingly bad headaches. My body has been out of shape and I can feel it in every bone and muscle. Nights are incredibly hard, as I wake every hour or so to toss and turn from one side to the other. It isn't long before my hips start to ache, so I flip again. Maybe it's just my body preparing me for getting up every couple of hours to feed the baby. I don't know, but I'm not enjoying it!



Despite all of my aches and pains; complaints and grumbles, I feel incredibly blessed. This baby is so loved already and I feel so lucky to be able to have another one. For every complaint I have, I silently give thanks and my belly a quick rub. Baby Bacon (as Scarlett proposed for a name) will be well received!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an old wives tale or superstition, but I had the same issues with Jackson and not with Emily. Of course it could be a little age, having another to chase after, etc, but I had intense headaches, my hips felt like they were going to spontaneously dislocate, and I was much bigger than with Em, even though she outweighed J by nearly two pounds. I oh-so-scientifically blame it on him being a boy. Much love to all of the Colemans from the Wynns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scientists have concluded that headaches, hip pain, and heartburn associated with pregnancy can be alleviated by making your husband a delicious sandwich.

    ReplyDelete