Monday, February 27, 2012

22 days and counting



A very eventful 36-week appointment! We were scheduled for a full ultrasound on Friday to measure the baby's size and to get some decent photos of his beautiful face! Although the pictures took some manipulating (picture the ultrasound tech bouncing the wand up and down on my belly forcefully to get him to turn over - ouch!), we did end up with some great face pics. I'll post those pictures in the next few days.


Size? Well, not surprisingly given the girth of my belly, we've got a bigun'. Currently, Baby Bacon weighs 7 lbs, 9 oz (give or take 3/4ths of a pound according to the tech). At a growth rate of a 1/2 lb a week, we could certainly be looking at a 9 pound baby at birth. Thank goodness for C-sections! The first thing that we focused was the femur, which measured at a whopping 97% and then the head, which measured at 92%! No little waif of a baby, like Scarlett was.


Thankfully, we haven't had any signs of labor or distress, so it's business as usual. Although I'd rather that he wait until his assigned date to arrive, I'll be happy if Bacon waits until after this weekend. I've got a scrapbook weekend with my sister that I'd hate to miss! I'm on weekly appointments now, so I'll get a good idea of progress at my next appointment, a day before I leave.


Another note: Our 7:30 C-section time has been moved to 9 a.m. Woot! I'm very happy not to have to arrive at the hospital at 5:30 a.m.!

No comments:

Post a Comment