Thursday, February 9, 2012

No news is good news

As the old adage goes, no news is good news. My 34-week appointment today was largely uneventful. Tried unsuccessfully, I may add, to get a good picture of Bacon. He continues to pose with his back to us and his arms covering his face. At this point I’m not sure if he does this on purpose every time he feels that cold ultrasound gel or if he’s permanently stuck that way!

Everything else is normal. Only one contraction I think, and very little swelling. I have had a couple of pre-migraine auras, although they haven’t turned into full-blown migraines. No excess protein in my urine and a steady blood-pressure, so very low chance of pre-eclampsia. I’m also going to hold off going back on meds and see if I experience any more attacks. As with my anxiety, everything is on a wait-and-see cycle.

During my next appointment in two weeks, we’ll do a full ultrasound with the trained ultrasound tech. The hope is that we can not only get a really good size reading, but also some good pictures. My baby book is really lacking! We’ll also be doing a Group B Strep test and a general exam to check my cervix.

Lastly, we're talking about moving the time of the C-Section on March 19th. It's entirely due to scheduling. I don't think I'll be sad if I get to show up at the hospital at 9 for an 11 a.m. birth instead of 5:30 a.m. for a 7:30 birth!

Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment