Monday, January 30, 2012

10 Random Things About Me

1. I’m extremely obsessive. Not on the clinical, need to be medicated scale, but enough that it interrupts my daily life. My work desk is usually pretty immaculate. My DVDs are alphabetized, my books are in size order, my underwear is lined up neatly in my drawer, and my clothes are hung in color order – short sleeve to long sleeve. Yet, you can walk in our house and it looks like a tornado just hit it. I’m trying really hard not to pass this unreasonable trait onto Scarlett, though I may have already failed.
2. I’m obsessed with reality television. It used to mostly be limited to MTV shows (The Real World, Road Rules, etc.) but I now watch everything from the RR/RW Challenge to Extreme Couponing to Hoarders to The Kardashians.
3. I’m terrified of not having a close relationship with my kids. I’m not sure why, because I don’t have anything to base it on, but I just am.
4. I’ve never had a career goal in life. I’m not sure if it’s because I could never think of anything that I loved enough to want to do or if I’m just lazy. Even now – I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.
5. I really enjoy entertaining – even though I have a generous helping of anxiety when I do it.
6. I hate milk. HATE IT.
7. I have a major disbelief in organized religion. I don’t agree with most things that most religions preach. Yet, there is some part of me that really wants to join a church and wants Scarlett to be part of one too. Chances are slim that we’ll find one that Ben and I both agree on. Me for the beliefs, him for the historical aspects. (If they’ve persecuted Irish at any point in their history, they’re out.)
8. I’m very needy and have very little self-confidence. I really hate that I constantly seek reassurance and validation from people, even my own family. Lexapro made that a little better.
9. I clean out my ears neurotically. I know it’s not good for me, but if I don’t do it every day, I feel totally gross.
10. My two favorite movies when I was a pre-teen were Cobra and Commando. I still adore watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment