Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The clothes make the baby


I think I've been in denial. Well, maybe not denial, but definitely not in reality. I just can't believe that I'm having a boy! I was sure I was going to have another girl - not because of my female/motherly intuition, but because that was just the way it was going to be. My mom had all girls, a lot of my family members either have all boys or all girls, I had a girl and I just couldn't fathom having a boy.



As time has passed, I'm getting a little more used to the idea. I occasionally still call Bacon "she" and I always pause nostalgically at the little baby girl clothes. However, after building up a nice supply of baby boy clothes from Christmas presents and hand-me-downs from my friends, I think I'm starting to accept this "boy" thing.



Sure, the little girly tutus are cute, but who can resist a little bowtie or onesie with a bear on the butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment